- japan ≠ korea ≠ china
- pakistan is not in the middle east
- most muslims aren’t arabs
- geishas are not prostitutes
- mexico is a very small part of latin america
- there are 54 countries in africa
- china has 56 different ethnic groups and none of them eat chop suey
for the record
“jihad” literally means “the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin”
and the Qur’an has multiple passages directly opposing
- killing innocent people (Qur’an 5: 32)
- killing children (Qur’an 6: 151)
- prejudice against a group of people (Qur’an 5: 8)
- sexism (Qur’an 49: 13)
- racism (Qur’an 30: 22)
so let’s all agree that “muslim” and “terrorist” are antonyms and radical islam is exactly as dangerous as radical groups of any religion
Instead of moaning during climax say “Flash 9 required for audio”.
I told a boy in London that he had eyes
that could drown a girl, and I don’t know why he
kissed me a moment afterwards.
How easy it is, I thought with his hands on my waist,
to turn someone on
with such a blatant desire to drown.
And I stood there in the rain with a beautiful boy who knew exactly
where to put his hands, and I couldn’t stop thinking
of how I had never felt less beautiful.
So I closed my eyes and was there again,
to that night where we sat side by side with our naked bodies
in the lake, with the land and water like a rorschach ink blot;
the stars, the stars like fish in the sky
that swam when we dipped our toes in
and made ripples, laughing, with our limbs
like swan wings,
with my heart caught in my throat
in the shape of your laugh.
I said the sentence ‘astronomy is cool for everyone’ the other day and Pete made fun of me. Was i wrong? I don’t think i was wrong…